Giới thiệu thêm về trường Hutt Valley High School
Type: School for boys and girls
Total International Students: 70
Total School roll: 1740
Study programme: NCEA
- Hutt Valley High School was established in 1926 and is the largest school in the Wellington region. For the past 20 years the school has been hosting international students and the school has developed a reputation for providing an excellent environment for international students to gain qualifications and have a memorable student experience.
- As a large school we are able to offer a broad range of subjects and experiences, inside and outside the classroom. The school has many specialist teachers who only teach one subject, so this means the teaching is very focused on each individual student.
- The school is located in Lower Hutt, which is in the Wellington metropolitan area, approximately 12 minutes from downtown Wellington City.
- The school has a large campus area, with many buildings, 3 gymnasiums, drama, dance and music studios, specialist teaching labs, two large sports fields, tennis courts and a brand new international centre.
- The school has a fully Wifi campus and students are encouraged to bring their own laptops and devices to school.
- All homestays are in the school zone and an easy walk or short bus to school
Support for students
- Full support from our staff in the International Office and in the ESOL programme
- Our International Cultural Ambassador Programme provides friendship, mentoring and support directly to international students, from the first day at school.
- At the beginning of term one we have a three-day orientation camp at the beach for our new international students
- Pre-departure orientation, course selection and student support prior to departure
- The school teaches more than 40 sports and has a large number of clubs and societies for students to join.
- Tuition Fees $16,000 per year
- Homestay $290 per week
- Other compulsory costs $2000 per year
Contact: Mr Simon Hodge, International Director
School address: 84-114 Woburn Road, Woburn, Lower Hutt, Wellington
Phone: +64 4 566 4584
Current Vietnamese student at our school:
City and Country: Hanoi, Vietnam
Study Programme: NCEA L3 (Yr 13)
Interests and Hobbies: Football, Movies, Alternative Vietnamese Indy bands, making short films
Favourite food: Vietnamese food, anything that is going
Future plans: University next year in Wellington, overseas travel, make films
I have a family connection here in Lower Hutt, so when we discussed the possibility of me studying abroad it was quite an easy decision. My parents also thought that the NZ environment would give me some independence and opportunity to achieve some good results at school.
My study programme here at HVHS is very interesting and I really enjoy PE and Economics. The classroom culture is very different to Vietnam, as school there has very strict entrance tests and a lot of homework. I have found studying here has given me a lot of new knowledge and perspectives and I have found the NZ way of life quite easy going and open minded.
As an international student, I feel welcome and connected with all students. I also have a good circle of Vietnamese friends, so that is also very good. When I want Vietnamese food it is easy to find, but generally I enjoy all food.
Chia sẻ bài viết